comp.lang.idl-pvwave archive
Messages from Usenet group comp.lang.idl-pvwave, compiled by Paulo Penteado

Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
NITER in MPFITFUN [message #87129] Thu, 09 January 2014 02:26 Go to next message
Chrisss is currently offline  Chrisss
Messages: 18
Registered: November 2013
Junior Member
Hi everyone!
Is there, in MPFITFUN, an option used to count the number of iterations made in fitting procedure and return this number? Is NITER this keyword?
Cheers,
Christina
Re: NITER in MPFITFUN [message #87130 is a reply to message #87129] Thu, 09 January 2014 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig Markwardt is currently offline  Craig Markwardt
Messages: 1869
Registered: November 1996
Senior Member
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 5:26:46 AM UTC-5, Khris wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Is there, in MPFITFUN, an option used to count the number of iterations made in fitting procedure and return this number? Is NITER this keyword?

Yes. From the documentation:
"NITER - the number of iterations completed."

Pass a named variable and upon return, the number of iterations will be in that variable.

Craig
Re: NITER in MPFITFUN [message #87135 is a reply to message #87130] Thu, 09 January 2014 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chrisss is currently offline  Chrisss
Messages: 18
Registered: November 2013
Junior Member
> Yes. From the documentation:
>
> "NITER - the number of iterations completed."
>

> Pass a named variable and upon return, the number of iterations will be in that variable.
>

> Craig

Thank you Mr Markwardt!
So, I just have to write NITER=niter in MPFITFUN procedure, then

N=MAX(niter)
print, N

to know the number of iterations?

Cheers,
Christina
Re: NITER in MPFITFUN [message #87149 is a reply to message #87135] Fri, 10 January 2014 12:21 Go to previous message
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:41:20 AM UTC-5, Khris wrote:
> Thank you Mr Markwardt!
>
> So, I just have to write NITER=niter in MPFITFUN procedure, then
>
> N=MAX(niter)
> print, N
>
> to know the number of iterations?

Well, why don't you try it out? You don't need to use the MAX() function.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Mon Jan 25 01:28:52 PST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00864 seconds