comp.lang.idl-pvwave archive
Messages from Usenet group comp.lang.idl-pvwave, compiled by Paulo Penteado

Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
IDL editor that does text folding [message #35804] Tue, 15 July 2003 10:46 Go to next message
med_fly is currently offline  med_fly
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2003
Junior Member
Hi all,
Does anybody know of a text editor for idl that does text folding that
is easy to use? I tried to use jEdit but to know avail. any ideas?
Ty
Re: IDL editor that does text folding [message #35847 is a reply to message #35804] Thu, 31 July 2003 11:30 Go to previous message
JD Smith is currently offline  JD Smith
Messages: 850
Registered: December 1999
Senior Member
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:39:24 -0700, savoie wrote:

> JD Smith <jdsmith@as.arizona.edu> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:58:01 -0700, Peter Clinch wrote:
>>
>>> JD Smith wrote:
>>>
>> Also note that the version bundled with GNU Emacs is about 2 years old
>> (by design -- the one bundled with XEmacs is not so bad). So if you
>> want any of the new features like auto-loading library catalogs, and
>> HTML context help, you'll need to install it yourself from idlwave.org.
>

> JD
>
> So does it support IDL6.0? and the corresponding manuals?

Given that I don't yet have my copy of IDL 6.0 (or the manuals), the
answer is no. I do hope it won't take much effort to convert the HTML
help, etc. There's also the issue of all the new C-style operators, like
+=, AND=, etc.

JD
Re: IDL editor that does text folding [message #35850 is a reply to message #35804] Thu, 31 July 2003 10:39 Go to previous message
savoie is currently offline  savoie
Messages: 68
Registered: September 1996
Member
JD Smith <jdsmith@as.arizona.edu> writes:

> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:58:01 -0700, Peter Clinch wrote:
>
>> JD Smith wrote:
>>
> Also note that the version bundled with GNU Emacs is about 2 years old (by
> design -- the one bundled with XEmacs is not so bad). So if you want any
> of the new features like auto-loading library catalogs, and HTML context
> help, you'll need to install it yourself from idlwave.org.

JD

So does it support IDL6.0? and the corresponding manuals?

Thanks
Matt

--
Matthew Savoie - Scientific Programmer
National Snow and Ice Data Center
JD Smith is currently offline  JD Smith
Messages: 850
Registered: December 1999
Senior Member
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:58:01 -0700, Peter Clinch wrote:

> JD Smith wrote:
>
>> I'll make no claims on easiness, but Emacs with IDLWAVE (idlwave.org)
>> can fold text in about any way you want.
>
> Note that the latest versions of emacs have IDLWAVE included so you
> don't need to download and install anything new. Mine is 21.1.1 and it
> was just there.

Also note that the version bundled with GNU Emacs is about 2 years old (by
design -- the one bundled with XEmacs is not so bad). So if you want any
of the new features like auto-loading library catalogs, and HTML context
help, you'll need to install it yourself from idlwave.org.

JD
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Nov 29 02:17:49 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00599 seconds