comp.lang.idl-pvwave archive
Messages from Usenet group comp.lang.idl-pvwave, compiled by Paulo Penteado

Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: cursor shape in XROI [message #40023] Mon, 05 July 2004 08:16
David Fanning is currently offline  David Fanning
Messages: 11724
Registered: August 2001
Senior Member
Stefan writes:

> I am trying to modify the cursor shape using
>
> device, cursor_standard=xx or cursor_image=yy,cursor_mask=zz
>
> so that my cursor in XROI appears as a thin cross.
> While I can nicely modify the cursor shape for normal windows, I apear
> to be unable to do this for XROI. Can anyone help and tell me how I
> could induce IDL to change the cursor type. (I am trying this with IDL
> 5.6 on Linux and Unix)

This is how you would define a cursor in direct graphics.
XROI is an object graphics program. To change an object
graphics cursor, you use the REGISTER_CURSOR procedure
to create the cursor and its name, then use the SetCurrentCursor
method on the IDLgrWindow object (called oWindow in XROI) to
select the cursor.

You will have to modify the XROI code to do this. In
the terms you use:

Register_Cursor, 'ThinCross', yy, Mask=zz
oWindow -> SetCurrentCursor, 'ThinCross'

Be sure to set the cursor back when you exit the program:

oWindow -> SetCurrentCursor, 'Original'

Cheers,

David

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Nov 29 01:53:43 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00537 seconds