comp.lang.idl-pvwave archive
Messages from Usenet group comp.lang.idl-pvwave, compiled by Paulo Penteado

Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: WIDGET_TABLE: How to set first column width? [message #64322] Sun, 21 December 2008 02:24 Go to next message
jkj is currently offline  jkj
Messages: 48
Registered: April 2007
Member
On Dec 20, 11:29 pm, "M. Katz" <MKatz...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Using a WIDGET_TABLE, I cannot seem to find a way to set the column
> width of the  leftmost column, the one that contains the ROW_LABELs.
>
> I can set all of the other column widths. I would consider dropping
> the ROW_LABEL column, but it's nice to have a labeled column that
> stands still when the user scrolls to the right. Normal columns scroll
> along with the table.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> M. Katz

I have not used widget_table before, but what comes to my mind is
building the table with row labels are the desired length and then
changing the labels out for the "real names" after the widget has been
created. If you call every row name ' ' (7 spaces) on creation
and then submit a new list of names afterward, I would expect each row
to retain the 7-space width.
Re: WIDGET_TABLE: How to set first column width? [message #64411 is a reply to message #64322] Sun, 21 December 2008 13:49 Go to previous message
M. Katz is currently offline  M. Katz
Messages: 69
Registered: May 2005
Member
> I have not used widget_table before, but what comes to my mind is
> building the table with row labels are the desired length and then
> changing the labels out for the "real names" after the widget has been
> created.

I tried this early on. What I found on OS X (in X Windows) is that the
width does *not* expand (i.e. unlike WIDGET_LABEL) to fit the label
size. The WIDGET_TABLE is perfectly happy to show you only a portion
of the cell's contents. I did not try it on Windows.

Thanks,
M. Katz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Nov 29 02:22:30 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00598 seconds