comp.lang.idl-pvwave archive
Messages from Usenet group comp.lang.idl-pvwave, compiled by Paulo Penteado

Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: What is wrong with these widgets? [message #9894] Mon, 15 September 1997 00:00
hegde is currently offline  hegde
Messages: 17
Registered: December 1995
Junior Member
Alex Schuster (alex@rosa.mpin-koeln.mpg.de) wrote:
: M. Hegde wrote:

: > While porting my IDL4.0 program to IDL5.0, I came across this weird behavior
: > of widgets. The widget 'junk' ( see the code below ) starts expanding when the
: > label widget 'data_val' gets updated. The widget tree is as follows:
: > base
: > |
: > ------------------------
: > | |
: > con_base dis_base
: > | |
: > -------------- -----------
: > | | |
: > junk data_val draw_area
: >
: > I tested it under IRIX6.2 ( SGI Indy, Indigo2 ) and IRIX6.4 ( SGI Octane ).
: > Can somebody explain this?.

: Maybe RSI can? This is a known problem. The workaround is to use
: WIDGET_CONTROL, UPDATE=0 worked for me, but I just tested it here, to no
: avail :-((
: Yeah, this sucks.

: Alex
: --
: Alex Schuster Wonko@weird.cologne.de PGP Key available
: alex@pet.mpin-koeln.mpg.de

WIDGET_CONTROL, UPDATE=0 didnot work for me. The only way I made it
behave properly was by inserting a base widget between 'con_base' and 'data_val'
in the widget hierarchy. This doesn't make sense; but it's IDL from RSI.

-M. Hegde
Re: What is wrong with these widgets? [message #9896 is a reply to message #9894] Mon, 15 September 1997 00:00 Go to previous message
Alex Schuster is currently offline  Alex Schuster
Messages: 124
Registered: February 1997
Senior Member

--
Alex Schuster Wonko@weird.cologne.de PGP Key available
alex@pet.mpin-koeln.mpg.de
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Nov 29 01:57:11 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00586 seconds