- How do I detect a double click on a button widget?
- How can I process keyboard events from within my widget program?
- How do I draw a rubberband box in a widget program?
- How do I draw a free-hand line in a draw widget window?
- How can I tell which button is currently selected in a set of exclusive buttons?
- How can I get the new viewport coordinates when the user scrolls my draw widget?
- My widget program produces the error: %XMANAGER: Caught unexpected error
client application. How can I get a more enlightened message?
- How can I remove the scroll bars from my draw widget window?
- How can I create a show progress indicator for a time-consuming operation?
- How do I get the current value of a droplist widget?
- Can you show me how to dynamically add menu items to my program?
- What's your opinion of the GUI Builder? Should I use it?
- Can you explain the difference between modal and blocking widgets?
- Can you explain the GROUP_LEADER,
EVENT_PRO and JUST_REG keywords.
I want to run multiple widget programs at the same time and I don't know how to set these keywords.
- How can I write a password widget that echos the password in asterisks?
- How can I change the maximum value of a slider widget after I have realized it?
- Alright, how do you do that resizeable graphics window trick?
- How do I get checkbox buttons (or radio buttons) instead of push-buttons in my GUI interface?
- How do I set the initial checkbox buttons (or radio buttons) when I create them?
- How can I get an error traceback in a widget program, and yet keep the program running?
- How do I get my widget buttons to all be the same size?
- Given a widget ID, how can I find the ID of the widget at the top of that widget's hierarchy?
- Is XManager obsolete in IDL 5.6?
- How do I write a pop-up dialog widget in IDL?
- Can you show me how to implement a cascading series of menu choices as pop-up windows?
- I can't work out how to put checkmarks next to menu items. Any ideas?
- How come LIST widgets (or DROPLIST widgets) don't have values?
- How can I make my widget buttons look depressed?
- Help! I can't get my double- precision values converted to strings properly.
- How can I take a snapshot of an entire widget application from within the program?
- What do I have to do to use the mouse wheel in UNIX widgets?
- How can I create a resizeable list widget?
- How can I identify base widget IDs from tab widget events?
- Can you show me how to make colored widget buttons?
- How can I find the size of a string I want to put in a text widget?
- Say, uh, are draw widget press and release values totally off the chart?
- Toward a theory of widget geometry.
- Is it possible to create a multi-line label widget?
- How can I run widget programs when stopped at a breakpoint?
- How do I determine the default widget font in IDL?
- How do I create that fancy frame with the label on it in IDL widgets?
- How do I add a new value to an editable combobox widget?
- Yikes! My widget program seems to have a homing instinct. It won't stay put.
- Can you show me how to display non-English text on a widget in IDL?
- How can I stop Dialog_Pickfile from clipping my file name?
Copyright © 1996–2017 Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Last Updated: 3 September 2011